Click here to find Davitt Driveways map listing for Driveways Wicklow. For the best Driveways Wicklow company, call Davitt Driveways.
Your walls may be alive–and not with music.
Breaking Mold’s Grip On Your Home
Your walls may be alive-and not with music. Mold spores growing in your home can cause allergic reactions in you, your pets and your kids. Fortunately, it can be easy to banish mold from your house.
The issue of mold continues to be an important topic to builders, homeowners and governmental agencies. Of late it has reached an even higher level of awareness, as plans are made for rebuilding the Gulf Coast. Unfortunately, there is much confusion concerning mold, as well as effective solutions for preventing it.
Experts say the best way to avoid mold in your home is to control moisture. In the summertime, when humidity is highest, this often means running air conditioners or a dehumidifier.
Here are some more things you can do to avoid mold in your home:
• Keep kitchen and bathroom windows open, or use exhaust fans to move moisture outside.
• Make sure your clothes dryer is vented to the outdoors.
• Dehumidify your basement-the floor and walls can be a source of moisture buildup.
• Similarly, be sure the attic is ventilated.
• Reduce the potential for condensation on cold surfaces by adding insulation around windows, piping, exterior walls, roofing and floors.
• Act quickly if your basement or crawl space floods, both in terms of cleaning up and preventing future flooding.
• Mold-resistant materials play an important role in minimizing mold growth. However, unless mold-resistant products are installed in homes and buildings that are designed, built and maintained properly, they offer little protection against mold.
To help fight mold, the Responsible Solutions to Mold Coalition (RSMC) was launched recently through a grant by USG Corporation, a leading building products manufacturer.
RSMC is an industrywide coalition formed to communicate accurate information to both the construction industry and homeowners about how to control moisture, and thereby control mold in commercial and residential construction.